Monday, September 2, 2019

Kurtis Has "Checked In"

Today we went to get Kurtis checked into Soochow's dorm and Mandarin Training Center.

For the quarter, the tuition was 27,000! And the double dorm was 10,000! That's quite reasonable. He will have class five days a week, three hours each day. The dorm room was quite nice... and his classes are just downstairs. He has afternoon classes, but he can literally get up five minutes before class and still get there ON TIME! There is a community kitchen and rec room and laundry room. For one load of clothes - 10NT$ for the washing machine and 10NT$ for the dryer! That's so reasonable!

We then went and had lunch at the school dining hall... It was not crowded as school has not yet officially started. But Isaiah told Kurtis to get his lunch at 11am, otherwise, he won't be able to get into that place at lunch time. It's that crowded!

We came back home at 3pm and I took a nap! And so did Kurtis!

Isaiah and Abby both had basketball practice this evening.

Kurtis met up with an old friend who is in Taiwan at the Shihlin Night Market.

After mom went to bed, I went out for a quick run!

I had to go and pick up my scooter as I went to the Elderly Center to go with my mom in the "taxi". It seems to be working well... By Wednesday, I hope there won't be any problem with Mom being in the taxi on her own and we will have someone meet her in our complex! Then I will only have to make one trip in the morning! The reason why I have to do this is that my tutoring time is at 5pm. I can't be there to pick her up and make it to my tutoring session. So I have this schedule worked out:
Monday, Lovely
Tuesday, Kurtis
Wednesday, Alan
Thursday, Lovely
Friday, Alan

That means at 5:30 we will be at home to meet the taxi. The taxi will be at the Center by 5:15. It takes only about 10 minutes to get to our house! I don't have to tutor on Mondays. I do teach at NSB on Thursdays. But the class finishes at 5pm and I should be home by 5:30! On Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, I tutor at 5pm. Alan has evening classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays... and I'm not sure about the kids' schedule yet. But Kurtis does finish his class at 4:30 on Tuesdays, so I've asked him to come every Tuesday! He has tutoring on Wednesdays and Thursdays... and maybe he will get one more student either on Monday evening or Sunday morning.

I keep telling myself... God has this in His hands. It will work out perfectly!

Seek Him First!
Image result for The God who rolls the stones away

2 comments: