Monday, March 4, 2019

Mom's Physical & Paying Off One of Our House Loans!

Today was an extremely go-go-go day!

I made several phone calls this morning while Mom was taking her shower and then eating her breakfast.

I found out the exact amount of one of our loans. Since we are not going around the world next summer, we decided to pay off one loan, which was about 30,000US$. Yes, I've been saving about 4,000US$ a year for the past 10 years just so that we'd have enough for our around the world trip in 2020. We have been talking about this as a family. Where the kids are at right now, they don't want to commit to taking an around the world trip. So, Alan and I decided that maybe in 2023 when Alan retires, the two of us will do another around the world trip. And since he will get a small lump sum from his school, we can use that money! We had thought about buying another small suite, but there is nothing in the market within the price that we've been praying for... So, we've shelved that possibility. The interest we're earning from our 'around the world savings' was so small it just made more sense to pay off one loan! It felt so good to transfer that money. We still have about 30,000US$ left! But that's it... I hope to chip away at that sum in the next four years!

We went to the local hospital for Mom's physical. God worked it out as she was the first one to be called in even though her number was 77, the last person on the list! Mom had her blood drawn, her chest x-ray, EKG done... she still has a MRI, two psych evaluations.  I was hoping to let her try a full day at the elderly center tomorrow, but we have to wait until all the tests are sent off. Her next appointment will be on 3/12 and then we are to go back on 3/18 to pick up all the results and the process will be completed. Oh, I do have to take a stool sample and bring that in... Hopefully, I'll get that done before 3/12 and drop it off on the same day!

Mom watched Little House when we got home and I went for a quick run!

By 7pm, she was tired! So was I!

Seek Him First!
Image result for I Chron. 16:34

No comments:

Post a Comment