Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Mom's First Day...

I was out the door with my mom by 9:15. The drive was longer and then I had to find parking and walk her in... The group was doing hand exercises when I dropped her off... One of the procedure was for everyone to get their blood pressure taken upon arrival... and their temperature... to make sure they are healthy. 

I got back to Neihu for my Bible study just a few minutes late. That was because I had to drop off Mom's extra exam papers... I was going to get her Aricept but didn't have time. The doctor gave her three months worth... FREE!

This afternoon, I went to pick up Mom at around 3pm. I picked up her medication and on the way to pick Mom up... I ran into a dear friend who bought Chinese veggie buns and gave me a whole bag of them. Mom came home and watched TV and had a veggie bun for dinner. She would have eaten TWO!

After she went to bed, I scooter to my evening Bible study!

What a long day... But it was a nice day, knowing that my mom was enjoying her program at the Center. And I didn't have to rush back to pick her up at 12:30, which was my usual Tuesday schedule. I tidied up the house, went for my short run and got caught up on my email. I feel so much better as I felt as if I really had a 'break'!

Seek Him First!
Image result for god is alpha and omega

2 comments:

  1. so was mom tired after a whole day there???/ and she liked it???/ and the food????? do tell

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was NOT tired! I couldn't believe it... They said she ate well... and they did give her a nap, so maybe that's why she was not tired. And when I asked her what she did, she could not remember! I know that they do elderly exercises...I'm going to give them a deck of cards and ask them to play cards with Mom. They also ask people to write Chinese characters. I will give them big pieces of paper and ask them to do that, too!

    ReplyDelete