Friday, March 8, 2019

Excellent Day!

First a big shout-out to my sister Annie -- Today is her 60th Birthday! Really! She's 60! I'm two years behind... I can't believe it... Soon, all my siblings and I will all be in our 60's! How did that happen?

Image result for Happy 60th Birthday
Now... the update that you've all been waiting for...

My mom loved the elderly daycare center! I mean ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! The people were so nice... so many miracles. First of all, the lady in charge didn't take my money! So, it was FREE. And when I dropped Mom off, she called the social services for me. While Alan and I were on our date, I received two phone calls. One was from the social worker and the other was from the government office. They asked me a series of questions and made two appointments for next Wednesday. One will be a home visitation at 10:30. Then the government officer will come at 1:30. If everything goes well, the government subsidy will start on Thursday! That means my Mom can go to the elderly daycare center as early as Friday, March 15th, a week from today, and I'd only have to pay about 5US$ per day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe how fast the Lord is moving this along? When I picked Mom up, the lady in charge told me about Mom... the good, the bad and the ugly... The good -- she sang lots of old songs... she sang so much that the two helpers were tired out, but not Mom. The bad... she likes to wander around. The ugly -- she made two messes in the restroom! But still the lady said, "Please bring her back on Monday. We are used to these kinds of situations and she likes it here." She wants me to bring Mom EVERY DAY! She says that's better than doing part time as Mom would have a consistency! These people are so nice! If Annie comes back, I'll have to introduce her to all these wonderful people. And I can take Mom to the one near our house, IF they ever have an opening. Once the subsidy is approved,I can go to any of these government sponsored elderly daycare centers!

I can tell Mom had a great time because we came home and had dinner. After dinner, she got ready for bed and was asleep by 7:45... She never came out to say good night 100 times!

Alan and I had a real date... we didn't have to rush back at 12noon to pick Mom up. We had a leisure breakfast... did our devotional book... spent a long time in prayer for our kids... and went to Costco and RT Mart! I even had time for a long run! If Mom goes every day, I'll have time to teach and get involved in three Bible studies! And maybe I can run more than just 30 minutes a day!

God is good...

Seek Him First!
Image result for god is a god of miracles

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad everything went so good and you and Alan had time together. Still praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep praying... Monday Mom will go again.

    ReplyDelete