Friday, September 7, 2018

The Kids Are Growing Up Way Too Fast...

I haven't seen much of my kids these days...

They are busy people...

Isaiah is at Vikki's house from morning to around 9:30 in the evening... In fact, when I sent him the schedule of upcoming events, he came home last night and said, "Do I have to go to all these events?" I guess since Vikki won't be there, he no longer considers these 'family events' worthy of his time... We then proceeded to have an intense discussion... and finally, when I said, "Well... all you do at Vikki's house is just hang out...  I think it's a heart issue, Isaiah... You deem it boring only because Vikki is not going to be there." Now, I've asked him to invite her, but her parents won't let her as these are "Christian activities". With that last comment, he 'saw the light'... and laughed and said... YEAH... You're right Mom! I don't want to go because Vikki won't be there! BINGO!

Now, Abby has been running around because of her 'job' at the cram school plus this week was the Freshmen Orientation.  I can't imagine how she is going to have any time to sleep once school starts. For 6 hours of class, she needs at least 12 hours to prep and type up worksheet and practice exams... and she's only getting paid 60US$ for 6 hours of class! I will see how long she lasts. When I sent her the message of all the upcoming events, her response was, "I'll write them down... and I hope I can make it!"

So, I told Alan, "We better sit the kids down and ask them about our plans for going around the world in 2020. I don't want to spend the money when they don't even want to go!"

We are already shortening our trip in the States in 2019.  ONE MONTH ONLY! Two weeks for the cruise and time in Washington D.C. and two weeks with Annie and her family to hang out! That's it... So, we'll probably be in the States from July 7th to August 7th! Yes, we're talking about SUMMER OF 2019!

Once school starts on Monday, September 10th, I think I'll see the kids only late at night...

Yep... the kids have grown up way too fast...

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 139:16

2 comments:

  1. NNONONONONON you can last longer than four weeks, and the kids can go back to taiwan BY THEMSELVES and you and mom can hang out here with ME PLEASE PLEASE WWWAAHHHHHh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to leave my kids... NOOOOOOOOOOO...

    ReplyDelete