Monday, September 10, 2018

12-Hr Loop Run on 2/15/2019

Last year on 2/8 I was supposed to run the 12 hr ultra... but due to unforeseen situations... I flew back to the States with Abby...

So, after coming back this summer, I called them and today, I am officially signed up for the same run in 2019! I drove over to the ultra marathon office and the people were super nice. They took the chip and the bib and will mail me a new one for 2019.

Now, I have NOT had the time to train... I run 30 minutes, 6 times a week... that's it... But I think I better crank it up a notch by adding one long run a month... I don't know if that's even possible, but I hope to start this month. What I'm hoping for is a four hour run, once a month... I HOPE that will get my legs ready for 12 hours...

Mom had her "mental agility class" again this afternoon... and there was one elderly lady there for assessment... she was a year younger than Mom and a lot worse off... I told Alan it's because this lady's children are rich, but have no time for her. They hired a helper full time, but the caretaker is not train to do any mental exercises with her... Mom played Uno and won three times. Mom did several puzzles and did them really fast. Mom exercised and thought it wasn't challenging enough -- the exercise part...

The kids and Alan had classes all day... Abby said her classes are really boring... Isaiah said Linguistics is going to be tough.  Alan woke up at 4am to watch the Chargers' game... and they lost!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Run the race to win for the Lord

2 comments:

  1. oh you better prep and prep and prep, the last mile on the trek i thought must have been like your last 10 K on the 70 K thing you did, oh was hard, all mental

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to finish... 12 hours... I need to go and do a few longer runs... Maybe in January when we are on our cruise... when we are at a port, I should go and run!

    ReplyDelete