Thursday, September 27, 2018

July 2019 Plane Tickets Purchased!

It was a busy day... Yes, I say that almost every day...

Mom had her morning Knee Strengthening Class...

I had to teach in the afternoon!

Then after Mom went to bed, I got on the computer. I have been checking EVERY DAY for our July 2019 plane tickets. I've checked cheapoair, skyscanner, Expedia, Kayak, Vayama... the list goes on. We wanted to book with an airline that we can accumulate mileage... and I wanted the price to be under 840US$ per ticket! What I found has been over 1,000US$... the cheaper tickets... WOW... we'd be in Manila for 10 hours or Shanghai for 12 hours... Or making two stopovers -- Seattle and Icheon... I put in the dates and Asiana popped up for 837US$. Now... I've had seen this before. When I say book, the next message says, "Sorry, this flight at this price is no longer available. Please check the alternatives." This time with trip.com, I hit book, and no message came. Instead, it asked for passenger information... and then credit card... I put in all the information and waited for their confirmation, which came in less than 15 minutes! "Your flight has been confirmed!"

So, I bought four tickets... not five because Alan's return date is different... as usual. Mom, the kids and I will be going from July 8th to August 7th. (I promised the kids ONE MONTH as they don't want to stay longer! They have friends and activities here...) Alan wants to be there from July 8th to September 8th! He will return the day before class starts...

I also called our credit card company as they offer lounge privileges when you use the credit card to buy airplane tickets -- two free passes. I wanted to use them in Singapore in January as we are flying with Scoot and Mom might need a place to rest ...

Now we are going to book our flights for the east coast as part of our cruise in July! I didn't want to buy that until we have our flights to the States done... Alan saw round trip tickets for about 300US$ -- LAX to Dulles Airport! The July cruise will be from July 11th to the 24th, celebrating Mom Bea's 90th birthday!

Seek Him First!
Image result for trust in the lord with all your heart






No comments:

Post a Comment