Monday, September 3, 2018

A New One-on-One Class for Mom

Before going to the States, I had Mom evaluated and yes, she has dementia and should be given extra 'mental exercise' help!

So, today was her first day.

The young social worker was very nice. Forty minutes, starting with simple physical exercises and followed with some mental exercises.

Mom can still do her times table.

Mom can do simple additions and subtractions.

It took Mom a bit of time to name 10 fruits and write them out in Chinese.

As for the physical exercises, Mom did a wonderful job! She is physically very strong!

We will be going every Monday afternoon from 3:30 to 4:10. Next time, I hope I can go off to run a few errands... especially since it's a One-on-One Class! Mom won't be able to roam around or do anything strange.

Now, she has a Wednesday PT Class... but I might cancel that as it's in a small group and thus, she tends to NOT concentrate and instead makes weird comments about the teacher or starts chatting with other members. So, the teacher said I HAVE TO STAY in order to supervise. 

What else happened today?

Isaiah went over to see Vikki in the afternoon. She's doing well in her recovery, but she doesn't sleep well at night.

Abby had her freshmen orientation!  She's not home yet, so I will wait to hear all the details.

Alan... Yes, he's having a grand time in the States!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Isaiah 55:8-9

2 comments:

  1. hahaha oh man what a week !!! is it hot? mom still losing weight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't weighed her... but I think she has stayed at 109pounds! She actually is choosing not to finish everything... but she still loves her dessert, when I give her a little.

    ReplyDelete