Monday, October 30, 2017

Missed Blogging Yesterday!

Yes, it's true! The day sped by and I did not have a free minute to blog!

Church in the morning with Mom Bea and Aunt Ethel. Alden and his family also made it to church! Like the children's Service Alan started in Taipei, many churches in the states also try to do something special to take the attention away from Halloween. The church had a bumper slide and a dunk tank set up. They also had food in the outdoor area. And of course they had coffee, lemonade and donut holes.

Mom Bea took us out to Marie Callendar's for brunch. Super yummy!

We went back to their house for chocolate cake and just to hang out!

By 1:30, I had to get on the road. So I packed up everything and headed out, saying goodbye to everyone.

The drive was fairly smooth. Remember: I was driving the truck! I just had to keep repeating to myself the next freeway exit. And I had to stay awake as I was up late, thinking and praying for Alan's special service. I got off of Sepluveda and stopped at the 99cents store. I had to use the restroom... and look for a lemon pepper spice. I looked on the shelves, nothing! As I was about to walk out, there sitting on the side was one lone bottle of the spice I wanted. So weird. I asked the clerk if there was more in the store. She looked at me and told me to look at the spice area, where I had combed through the shelves and found nothing. So, it was totally a gift from God to have one bottle sitting there on the way out of the store. I bought it and headed to mom's. I got there just after 4pm. Perfect! I unloaded everything, called Mom Bea to tell her I've arrived safely and started to organize everything, because my brother ordered more stuff for me to take back to Taiwan for him.

At 5:15, it was time to get over to Annie's for dinner. Pam, Jesse, and Little Abby were already there. We had a fabulous dinner. Pam came over to mom's and Suz also came by! I got my folks in bed and we hung out and chatted until midnight! Suz had brought over two huge tubs of clothes for me! Fabulous! Pam took some for Haikey and I will go over the rest...

So this morning I got up early to set things out as the helper was here by 8am. I left at 8:30 to take the van over to have the wheels change. I walked back and got mom. We had a good walk back over to the tire place. The rest of the morning was spent packing. I now have both pieces lacked. And I have a box of stuff left to be "picked up" in March when I'm back! I had to pack the things for Eddie and James which I must bring back now!

William will be back from New York. And Alden's daughter will stop by this evening on her way down to San Diego. I thought I'd better blog now or else I'll miss another day!

Seek Him First!

Psalm 69: 29

No comments:

Post a Comment