Saturday, October 28, 2017

Breakthrough

What a day!

Annie spent her day volunteering at a free dental clinic. So, I hung out with mom and dad. I walked mom over to their house and together we took Gracie out for a quick walk. Then after lunch I gave dad his shower. I had packed my two pieces, which I will have to repack since my older brother ordered more stuff. I was trying to help my younger brother by bringing back all the goodies he had bought and left at Annie's. Now I'm not sure what I'll do.

My dear friend Angel came and picked up her goodies. They were heading back up, so I left to head down. Now here is the breakthrough. Annie had said that I should drive Kurtis' truck. I was like "Are you serious?" Me, driving a truck! She assured me that it was the same size as a van. I was not convinced. But last night, after my treadmill workout, on my way back, I saw a truck like Kurtis', parked on the side. I looked and behind it was a van. Annie is right- it's about the same size!

So, I drove the truck to San Diego...

All the way down, I was listening to praise songs and praying. It wasn't that bad. Tomorrow, I will have to drive back. I drove the speed limit and saved a lot of gas... Of course, I never switched lane - kept to the slow lane the whole way down. It took 2 hours and 20 minutes to get from door to door.

Mom Bea had made scalloped potatoes, corn, and flan for dinner. I had already gotten all the meals ready for my parents. I'm only going to be in San Diego for one evening... but it sure is good to be down here!

Seek Him First!

Psalm 69:17

No comments:

Post a Comment