Monday, October 23, 2017

Airport, Flight, Crack Tooth & Other Fun Stuff

Yes, it's 9:30 pm, October 23, Monday and I'm sitting in my mom's living room, blogging as I take this short break! I don't want to sit too long as I think I just might fall asleep!

I was at the Taipei Domestic Airport by 12 noon, October 23. Alan had to teach in the afternoon. With two 32 kilo pieces plus a carry-on, I didn't want to take the taxi. I caught the 12:30 bus to the Taoyuan International Airport and was checked in by 1:45! Fast and easy, even though I had to reshuffle the goods in the box and the luggage. The box was 33.9 and the luggage was 29.9! Yes together they added up to 64 but they weren't 32 each! The guy wouldn't let me go... unless I wanted to pay more! No way! I re- juggled!

I went down to B1 and got three tea eggs and soy bean milk, my lunch! And I worked! I wrote a book review and worked on my talk, Luke 13! I had to set the alarm because I thought I might get too into Luke 13 and forget the time and miss my flight.

We finally did board at 7pm and the flight was quite smooth... except when they passed out the bag of crackers. I took a bite and chewed then felt something really hard... Hum... what did they put in the cracker?.. it turned out to be a piece of my tooth! Yes it's true - I cracked a piece off one of my molars! Not good... (Annie says I might have to go into her office and get a temporary piece on it until I get back to Taiwan! This was not what I had expected! Please pray!)

I landed and got my heavy pieces and was sent to Line A! That's the line where they will ask you to open your items for inspection. It was so interesting as I had a chance to look at what people bring in and what the custom officials have collected as throw-away! Treasure trove of goodies... I'd like to go dumpster diving behind the airport custom trash bins! Lots of fruits, fake bags, you can't imagine... Well, they asked to open my luggage and they didn't discover anything "illegal". Of course not... I wouldn't do that! But once the luggage was opened, I couldn't get everything back in... so I just had to load it back in my cart and go out the exit. The custom officers were all so very nice, asking me what I do for a living. They couldn't believe that I was bringing back a mop head and a dish rack!

KR was there already, waiting to pick me up. He had already gone around a few times!  The weather was so hot. It was nice to catch up with him and hear about what's happening with William, Tyler and Kurtis!

We surprised mom... and she was so confused... I usually call her at 6:30 and that was when I walked into her living room! The rest of the evening was spent cleaning, sorting and organizing! I love the wooden flooring that KR and Annie put in. So fabulous... the old carpet made the house look so dirty. But other than the beautiful flooring, every drawer had to be organized... the refrigerator had to be wiped down. Annie said I will have help every day from 8-1, so I can go off with mom. Tomorrow I need to cut dad's hair before he gets a shower. And I need to soak his toes and file them down. But it will be nice to go out for walks with Mom. We might even go out shopping, as my brother Eddie wants me to buy a few things for his sweet daughter, Emily!

I've been sitting long enough... I need to take a shower and go to bed... I think I will be up quite early...

Seek Him First!!!

Psalm 69:8

2 comments:

  1. Wahhhhh... the tooth... too much trouble for you... wahhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete