Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Printer Dilemma

The day before Alan left, he broke the printer.

So, I called and found the HP customer service office here in Taipei.  I brought the printer down and the lady plugged it in to test it before writing up the slip.

Yes, she looked and the paper rollers are broken. She handed me the form and then explained. It will cost 3590NT$ to 'fix', which means they give you a replacement printer with a 3 month guarantee. They don't replace the broken part. They give you another printer.

To me, this was pretty ridiculous. If they gave me a replacement printer with a ONE YEAR guarantee, OK. But with only a 3 month guarantee, I would rather buy a new one. That's their point!

So, they had free wifi so I called Alan.

We decided that I should first go to my fix-it guy and see what he can do with the printer. If it can't be fixed, then we'll have to get a new printer. And that will have to wait until after Alan comes back!

The fix-it guy says he is super busy this summer, working on A/C units. He might not get to it until September!  So, I am out of a printer for the whole summer!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 16:2

No comments:

Post a Comment