Thursday, August 18, 2016

Forced Stillness

Today was my first time to see a physical therapist. And this doctor has so many patients! She is making mucho bucks. There were all sorts of people there. Old people who suffered a stroke, young people who injured themselves due to playing sports, middle-aged people who hurt their waist or knees... I was #4 and the doctor didn't come until 9:10. I saw her for four minutes and then was hooked up to two different machines for another 40 minutes -- 20 minutes each machine.

The first was a heat lamp. I just sat there!

The second was an electric shock gadget. Four suction cups with small wet sponges were attached to my shoulder. They then turned it on and adjusted the strength as the first setting made it very painful. I could see how this gadget could be used to torture people. At the higher level, it felt as if my arm was being pulled out of its socket! Once adjusted, it felt quite nice to have this constant electric current pulsating in that area. I could have sat there for 30 minutes!

I am scheduled to go back next week on Tuesday and Thursday. At that time, they will have another assistant work with my arm to extend its mobility. That will take 20 minutes. Then it's back to the machines for another 40 minutes, totaling 60 minutes. I am to do this for three weeks.

To me, it was quite interesting as I was forced to just sit. I brought one book and finished it. I will bring a thicker book next week. Today, I sat there and prayed for all the people. So many people are hurting, not just physically, but spiritually as well.

This is going to be an interesting experience!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 18: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment