Friday, August 5, 2016

An Extremely Productive AND Restful Day

You might find it impossible to have a productive and yet restful day. But that's what I had today. 

After dropping Isaiah off, I started on sorting through the books. I started at 7:15 and by 9am, I was sweating up a storm even with two fans on FULL BLAST. I realized that I was getting quite a workout, moving books and stepping up and down the chair to put the books away. Once I established where I wanted which kind of books, it was just a matter of going through and shelving them at the designated place. I like the result. The only thing is -- I was looking for one of the kids' favorite books -- What is that, said the cat -- and it is nowhere to be found. I can't believe it. I remember keeping it, but where did I put it???

After a quick lunch, I spent the afternoon tackling the game cabinet. I took out the all the boxes and sorted through them. We have quite a nice collection of Monopoly games and three games that were still in their plastic wrapping! I think when Abby and Alan get back, we will have to have a family game night!

I was finished by 5pm.

I had to take a quick shower before heading out to Costco and RT Mart. Chips were on sale and I needed to get some for our HOP Love Feast. I am also starting to buy things for my trip back in October. Whenever there is a sale on the packaged drink mixes that my mom likes, I buy, buy, buy! Three kinds of mixes were on sale -- buy one get one free! I wanted to buy more, but I couldn't cart everything since I was on my scooter! I'll have to go back again tomorrow!

I was back by 7:45pm!

After a quick dinner, I went out for a bike ride and run! It's not exactly cool, but it's at least bearable.

As a side note, I'm really trying to downsize what I have. So, I am contemplating about giving away the massage chair and an armchair. Those items are in our living room and they just make the living room look so crowded. I think my friend who runs the second hand shop can sell these two items! I'll ask Isaiah what he thinks.  Abby and Alan might be quite surprise when they get back. I keep thinking -- what else can I give away?

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 16: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment