Thursday, August 11, 2016

What Have I Collected?

I continued to plow through pieces after pieces of paper. And I have the answer to the question posted -- What have I collected?

Sorting through all the paper, I realized that after teaching at Ming Chuan University for 25 years, I didn't throw anything away. I even kept the score sheets for each of my classes just in case anyone came back to contest their scores. (I have now thrown those stacks away since I'm only obligated to keep them for five years!) I cleaned out my office at MCU and lugged all the piles and piles of paper home. That's where they have stayed for the past 5 years! So, it is definitely time to start. It's a very slow and tiring process.

One huge blessing today -- cooler weather. There was a constant drizzle all day, which kept the temperature at around the mid 80's. It was much nicer to stay focused on the task at hand, once I started.

Because with the drizzle, I was also lured, called, pulled, to be outdoors. So, I went out for a two-hour bike ride this morning before I started to tackle the box. I would have stayed out even longer, but knowing I had to tutor, I diligently came back.

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 17: 8

2 comments:

  1. wow, what a pack rat, and all those paperssssssss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to say -- I FINISHED! Sort of... I did not part with all my students' sample papers, but I definitely downsized quite a bit. I did not part with all my lesson planning books. I might do that on Monday! But for now, I have gone through every piece of paper that were in those five boxes. YEAH!

    ReplyDelete