Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Weekly Food Bill

Since Alan and Abby have been gone, I've noticed that Isaiah and I don't eat much. One reason is because of the heat. It's just too hot. I don't feel hungry. Another reason is that Isaiah is gone for lunch and many of the weeknight dinners.

So, what do we eat each day?

Isaiah has a bowl of cereal for breakfast. I have about three cups of coffee made from the 3-in-1 packets I have.

For lunch, I try to have a simple sandwich or a salad.

At night, I make myself a fruit shake. When Isaiah gets home, he has a fruit shake and a salad.

I haven't cooked for the past five weeks!

I've baked desserts each Sunday for church, but I haven't cooked a meal.

How much have we spent each week on food? I calculated -- about 25US$ as I buy fresh bananas, pineapples, and oranges for the fruit shakes, not to mention the milk, which is not cheap here. Four liters of milk is about 8US$. Two pounds of bananas cost about 4US$. So, our food bill has been about 100US$ for this past month!

I haven't lost that much weight as it has also been too hot to run!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 17:3

No comments:

Post a Comment