Sunday, July 31, 2016

Two from Luke

My messages today both came from Luke.

Luke 8:22-25 and Luke 18: 1-8.

Jesus calms the storm & the Persistent Widow.

For the Persistent Widow, the contrast of how persistent this widow was really hit me.  She knew the judge to be one who did not fear God or men as they were from the same town, and yet, she kept asking him for protection. The parable does not tell how long she kept asking. That's the beauty of the parable. But for a man who did not fear God or men, it must have taken a long time.

For Jesus calms the storm, it struck me that the All Knowing Son of God as stated in verse 22 knew that there would be a storm, and yet he invited the disciples to go to the other side. Coupled that with the All Knowing Son of Man who fell asleep, God showed me that He totally understands exhaustion, being able to fall asleep on a small boat with 12 other people.

The Lord taught me so much through these two familiar passages. That's the beauty of God's word. And that's why I so enjoyed speaking and sharing!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 15:1

No comments:

Post a Comment