Thursday, July 7, 2016

Birthday Surprises

It's Alan's 58th birthday!

He got a few surprises...

1.  We bought him a new Casio watch -- solar power!  100US$!

2.  I had helped someone edit his essay. So, today, he treated us to Danny's Steakhouse. I had no idea how expensive this restaurant was. We were all dressed in shorts. And then when we got to the restaurant, they gave us the menu. I said to Isaiah, where's the price?  The price was printed so small that I could not see it.  Let's just say, it was over 100US$ per person!

3.  I took a power nap at 3:45 and no one heard the phone ring. The airline company called.  Alan's flight had been cancelled!  We were on the phone as they were going to get Alan and Abby tickets to fly out on the 13th of July! That was totally unacceptable. We finally got tickets for the 9th! Why was their flight cancelled?  A super typhoon is passing through Taiwan. But as of 11:11, I went out for a run and it was absolutely calm -- no wind, no rain. I was hoping for both as I enjoy running in the wind and rain!

Happy Birthday Alan!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 7: 17

4 comments:

  1. EYE of the storm, be careful !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy happy birthday to Alan!!

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel... We totally forgot to take any pictures!

      Delete