Friday, July 1, 2016

July Is Here! ALREADY!

Friday is our date time... but today we started MASSIVE CLEANING.

With the kids already in high school (Isaiah will be a senior and Abby will be a junior), I told Alan we have to go through the books that we've collected throughout the years. And since he will be leaving on July 8th, I asked to start today.

We cleared out NINE boxes of books and got the kids' room reorganized. We still have games and toys to go through, but that can wait.  We kept some of our favorite stories... I love Curious George and Dr. Seuss. So even though we packed up so many boxes of books, all the bookshelves are still packed with books!

Alan will start on the files next week. And after he takes off, I'll spend the rest of the summer clearing out my files. Less is best... It's going to be a difficult task as I have a difficult time throwing away the things that the kids had made or written!  Every scrap of paper holds a special memory!

Today I said goodbye to their books... One thing that made it easier is knowing that the people who will be taking all of our books will really enjoy them!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 5: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment