Monday, February 15, 2016

They Have Taken Off!

These past 10 days went by way too fast!

It was so wonderful to have my sister, Annie and her husband, KR here.

We didn't make it to Kaohsuing.

We didn't make it to Ilan or Taitung for surfing.

And I don't feel as if we ate our way through Taipei or the night markets.

But we did get to see and do and eat quite a bit.

For one things, I got to do so many things that I have been wanting to do and I did quite a few things that I usually rely on Alan's to do. The biggest one is -- DRIVING! I drove more than I have ever driven before. I went to the airport twice! BY MYSELF. I drove to Hsinmenting! I drove to Yiliou! Finding the way and finding parking were two major challenges.  God helped me through.

I took them to get their massage and facial. Then we rushed to get their hair done. We got home and I loaded up the car.

We pulled out of the driveway and Annie said, SHE CAN'T FIND HER PASSPORT. So, we stopped on the side of the road and pull out several items to rummage through. The passport was with some of the tickets and brochures she kept from her visit to the National Palace Museum. We piled back into the car and I had to SPEED to get us to the airport.

God is able. We got there by 4:45. They were checked in by 5:25 and we went to the Burger King area and sat down to eat as I had bought all kinds of goodies. Water dumpling, sweet red bean soup with three kinds of added treats, and cream of corn soup! By 6:10, it was time to get them to the gate.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

They walked in to customs and I went out to the parking lot to drive home in the cold dark evening.

Here are some more pictures to capture the great time we had!!!!
Getting Food at Costco

Yiliou

Beitou Hot Springs

Killer Bike Ride to Tamsui
(This is the beginning - hence they are still smiling!)

Hike Down from MaoKong

Crazy Flat Face Rock Climb
in the rain!!!
Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment