Thursday, February 25, 2016

A Mixture of the Pleasant with the Unpleasant

I had a very productive day!

I met with a group of sisters to pray at a couple's house as they have moved back to Taipei and will be renting this place.

Then it was off to run errands -- to the bank, the post office and...

The Unpleasant -- PAP SMEAR!

In Taiwan, all women 40 and older can get a free pap smear screening and a mammogram. My last tests were done two years ago. Everything was great. So... it's time again.  I went to a local clinic that had female doctors.  Their afternoon clinic hours start at 2pm. I was there at 2:07 in order to avoid the line.  So, it's done. I will get the results in 10 days.

Then I was again at the bank as Costco will no longer accept American Express. So, I had to get another credit card! That was quite easy. I forgot to bring my Costco membership card, but the lady was super nice. She got all the paperwork done and said I can call her when I get home to give her the necessary information.

So, I walked home and saw two interesting stores -- a supply store and a second hand store.  I will definitely be going to these stores quite often.

I was quickly wolfing down my dinner when I got a phone call. My tutoring had to be canceled as the boy was feeling ill.  I had just read that the Influenza A was hitting this island with another cold front coming this weekend! YIKES.

Since I didn't have to tutor, I decided to get two more errands done -- to buy print cartridges and to donate things I've gathered. I also dreamed of having time for a run...

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 139: 11



No comments:

Post a Comment