Monday, September 28, 2015

Typhoon Mid Autumn Festival "Holiday"

This was one of our very few Family Days since Isaiah joined the Nanhu Tennis Team. So, even though it was a typhoon day, we decided to go out for 'breakfast' at 12noon and drove over to JinShan.  It was fairly windy but not too bad.  We got back by 4:30 and the wind and the rain had started to get pretty strong. Abby and I went for a walk outside and it was BAD. By the time we were heading back home, there were branches everywhere.  Inside our house, water had seeped in Abby's 'walls' and we had to put many towels on the floor of her room. The back balcony was also gathering water. Friends were stuck at the Taipei Train Station, but Alan didn't want me to be driving outside. I think it would have been too dangerous for me to drive as I can just imagine me hitting one of the bigger tree branches. We started gathering water as the tap water will be too dirty to drink. We prepared flashlights in case the power goes out. And we will wait until 8p.m. to see what the city government will decide about work and school for tomorrow. It would be nice if classes were cancelled and the kids and Alan can stay home for another day!

I know I will have plenty to do as I have things to take to the laundromat since I need a large capacity dryer. A floor pillow in Abby's room is wet! I give thanks as we have food and water and we're together as a family!

Seek Him First!

「Psalm 119:9」的圖片搜尋結果

No comments:

Post a Comment