Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Mid Autumn Festival, Sukkot, Blood Moon -- All Coming Up!

This Sunday is one of the three biggest holidays in Taiwan -- the Mid-Autumn Festival.

Isaiah's coach has given him the 'three-day' holiday -- no practice on Saturday, all day Sunday and Monday! HOORAY!

Abby and Alan, of course, have the time off. So, we're thinking of going off somewhere on Monday!

What's unusual is that I found out two other events will land on the same day -- the Hebrew holiday of Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacle) and the Blood Moon (which comes once every 50 years, I think). Based on historical events, when Sukkot and Blood Moon come together, things in Jerusalem and/or Israel heat up.  Things in that area of the world seem to always be in a turmoil. But this year, people are even more 'on the alert'.

I don't want to live in fear. I want to live by faith. I know God is in control and I pray. He has the eternal calendar and 'schedule' and He holds everything in His hands. In Christ, I can give thanks. I will celebrate as I believe each day brings me closer to the fulfillment of "MARANATHA"!

Seek Him First!
「Psalm 119:2」的圖片搜尋結果

No comments:

Post a Comment