Sunday, July 5, 2015

We're Back!

What a whirlwind trip!

I landed with both feet running, sprinting... and it never stopped for 18 days.

In fact, I think I was so exhausted that I actually had a slight period. And that's very unusual since I haven't had a period for over TWO years!

It can also be that I wasn't running much leading up to our departure and of course, I didn't have time when I was in the States.

The Lord sustained me and blessed me.

He gave me time with my daughter.

He gave me time with my elderly parents.

He gave me time with my sister and her family. I even got to see William, their oldest son, who was heading to West Point.

He gave me time with my brother in law and his family.

He gave me time with Alan's mom and Aunt Ethel.

He gave me time with Suz and Pam.

He gave me time with Mark, Sherri and Amy.

He gave me time with Angel Go.

He gave me time with Judy and three of her kids.

He gave me time with Uncle Jesse, his wife Zoe and 'little' Abby.

He gave... and I was so blessed.

I realized again and again and again that my life lived for Him is NOT about the tasks and my to do list, but it's about relationship.  It's not about cleaning and disinfecting my mom's house. It's not about sorting and organizing another drawer or another closet. It's not about looking for lost things and buying new things. It's about holding hands and sharing hearts.  It's about being together, sometimes saying nothing. It's about laughter and tears.  Those are what will last and make memories.  How blessed I am as God has given me friends who are willing to drive to see me, even for just a few hours.  How blessed I am to have friends who will pray with and for me. How blessed I am to have a family that loves one another.

This trip was 'fast and furious'.  Physically, I'm exhausted. But my heart overflows with gratitude.

Seek Him First!
「Psalm 105」的圖片搜尋結果




No comments:

Post a Comment