Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Happy Birthday to Alan!

Yes, Alan turned 57 today!

And he spent most of his birthday in two different airports by himself.

Yes, it's true!

This morning, he dropped off the kids as Isaiah had practice and Abby was on her way to her week long high school Christian camp in Taichung.

I finished up the packing and we headed to Taoyuan International Airport.

His flight to Seoul was set to leave at 12:55.  His flight to Los Angeles would not be leaving until July 8th at 2:15p.m.  He would be at the Incheon International Airport in Seoul for 24 hours!

There was WiFi, so I was able to 'chat' with him.

He did a Korean craft for free.  He brought lots of snacks from home and they served a nice meal on the flight to Korea. The airport has free showers and blankets. He will 'park' himself on one of the sofas and spend the night there.

This is definitely one of his most unusual birthday 'celebrations'.

I, on the other hand, came home and started cleaning the cupboards. I had brought back so many food items that I had no way to get everything organized in our very small back balcony. So, I had to redo the entire kitchen cabinets as well as the back balcony.  I spent the entire day getting this mammoth of a task done.

Isaiah finished practice early, so I went and picked him up at the MRT station. Since it was so hot, we had chicken tofu salad for dinner. Yummy! He did some math homework for about an hour while I continued with the task of organizing the kitchen.  (I realize that I have way too much stuff!)  Then we watched a movie together.

I have a difficult time falling asleep without Alan, so I continued to work on other tasks.

It's going to be a very productive 9 weeks!

Seek Him First!

「Psalm 105: 3」的圖片搜尋結果


No comments:

Post a Comment