Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Things Happening In This Region

I don't read the news very often. So when I talked to my mom each day, she asks me about the news and I'd have no idea. My mom watches the 6 o'clock news in Chinese Monday to Friday.  Each day we'd talk. At times she'd ask me about what she saw.

For example, the stock market in China 'crashed'. Two different individuals wielded kitchen knives and slashed random people at two different MRT stations here in Taipei. (Now all MRT stations have tighter security.) A strong quake also rocked Indonesia and South Korea announces that the MERS threat is over!

My mom also almost always ask about the weather.  Here in Taipei -- it's hot, hot, hot.  But at times we get some heavy down pours in the afternoon and she'll see that on the news and ask about where I live.  We haven't experienced the flooding like other areas in Taipei.  Like today, I went out at around 2:30 and saw the clouds forming and heard the thunders roaring. When I came out after my visit with a friend, the ground wasn't even wet but the seat on my scooter had some droplets.  I was hoping for more as it really helps to cool down the temperature and makes it much more comfortable in the evening.

So, if it wasn't for my mom, I'd really be clueless about things happening in this region.

I better get on and check for some more details in case she asks me tomorrow.

Seek Him First!

「Psalm 108: 4」的圖片搜尋結果

No comments:

Post a Comment