Sunday, April 12, 2015

Handling God's Word

Today I spoke at the New Beitou Baptist Church.  As their focus for this year is to become a true disciple of Jesus, I have a whole year of talks with this in mind.

The title of my talk was:  Taste the Word of God, using Eze. 2 as a springboard.  I asked them to draw a hand and talked about the five ways to know God's word.  Most people hear God's word, which is only the pinky. Then they read God's word and that's the ring finger.  They study and they memorize, which are all good. But to really taste God's word (Eze. 3:1-3), we need to spend time meditating on the word of God. Then as the Word become digested and we come to be so hungry for more of God's word, we will then obey and follow.

Most people might do the first four things but rarely spend time meditating. That's the thumb of our hand. That's the way to truly handle God's Word. That's the only way to have the Word of God firmly planted in our heart.

Ps. 1:2-3 says,
「Psalm 1:2-3」的圖片搜尋結果

God reaffirmed in my heart the importance of His Word through this message today.  I was reminded that I need to spend more time meditating on His Word!

「Psalm 80:7」的圖片搜尋結果

Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment