Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Glance at our problems; Gaze at our God

In my walk with God, He constantly teaches me.

I have been reading through the Bible in a year for about 15 years now.  And I truly enjoy it.

The Lord also has me focusing on certain chapters or books of the Bible.  And I truly enjoy it.

But recently, He has brought me back to something He did at the beginning of our love relationship.

When I first came to know Christ, I didn't have a Bible.  And when I did get a Bible, I didn't really understand how to study the Bible.  So, He gave me one verse to focus on for the entire year.  That verse was meat that was well digested and absorbed.  One verse for an entire year.

John 3:16
Matthew 6:33
II Corinthians 5:17
John 14:6
John 15: 5

Those are just the five that have really affected and transformed my life.

The verse He is presently working into my life through and through is -- Isaiah 50:4-5


Through this practice, I am learning to see life in a different light on a daily basis.

I'm keeping my focus on Him.

I know I will truly enjoy it!

Indeed, glance at my problems; gaze at my God.

Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment