Thursday, September 25, 2014

Buying Bricks in Taipei

For a weekend activity, there was a need for bricks.

I rode around and actually saw a neighbor down the street with a whole pile of bricks covered over with a large tarp.  I stopped and knocked on her door. She answered. I asked if I can have five bricks. She thought I was crazy and said, NO.
(It looked similar to this picture, but the tarp was blue and the pile was not so big.)
I rode to two local hardware stores.  They both did not have bricks for sale. But the gentleman told me where I could go to buy bricks.  It was about a five minute scooter ride from my house.

The clerk was very kind. I asked about buying bricks and she said, SURE.  I asked, How much for one?  She replied, 5NT$.  That's less than 20cents each.  I waited for her to bring me the bricks. She sat there staring at me. Finally, I asked, Where are the bricks? She said, They are stacked right outside. Help yourself.


I walked and looked where I had parked my scooter. There right next to my scooter was a pile of bricks. I picked 5 and they were very heavy, paid the clerk and rode back home.

What an unusual experience!  I now know where I can buy bricks as well as cement or putty and all sorts of interesting things.

Seek Him First!

2 comments:

  1. you are too funny, should have just taken the five under the tarp and let her call the cops hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What??? I wouldn't do that!!! But honestly, that pile has been there forever. I don't know what she is going to do with them. It's an eye sore. I would be doing her a favor!

    ReplyDelete