Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Retirement Monthly Pension

I retired early... at age 50. And I do not have any regret about this.

Now, I can't get my job back even if I wanted it. And the pay for teaching part time is really really low.

When Alan retires, he can only get a lump sum.

When I retired, I got a lump sum and because I trust people, the lady in the accounting department told me NOT to take the whole sum.  She told me that if the laws changed, I can apply for a monthly retirement stipend.

The laws passed this past January and today, I went and applied for the monthly stipend.

It won't start until I turn 55. That's in another two years -- 2016!

It won't be a large sum -- at today's exchange rate of 30NT$ to 1US$ -- I'd get about 370US$ a month for the rest of my life.

A dear friend helped me to work out the numbers. If I wait another 5 years, I'd get about 70US$ more. But his advice was NO NEED TO WAIT.  In light of the fact that I hope that I will "go home" early, I took his advice!

What an interesting day to go back to Ming Chuan University. I haven't been there in ages.  I saw my co-worker, Coris.  I did not walk up the hill. I rode my scooter up!!! It was too hot!
And I can't say I missed going to MCU.  I do miss my co-workers... but it affirmed to me -- NO REGRET about retiring!


Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment