Saturday, September 20, 2014

New TV

Yes, it's true... we bought a new TV.

We had a 21inch TV for a long time.  It looked so why get a new one.  But when we bought a new Blue Ray/DVD player, our TV could not 'use' many of the 'new' functions.  Plus, our old TV can't seem to have wi-fi connection.  We had to pull a chair, place our lap top computer near the TV in order to use cable to watch anything. And then the sound was really poor. We would turn up the volume and barely be able to hear anything.

We gave away the old TV and Alan was so happy.

Now, he could go and buy a new one.

It's the biggest TV that we have ever bought.

I emailed my siblings.

My brother Eddie emailed me back and wrote that he has a 55 inch and that was too small.  He wants a 65 inch TV.

My brother James emailed me back and wrote that he has a 72 inch TV.

What??? I'd have to be in another room to watch TV on a 72 inch. Plus, our cabinet won't be big enough. With a 39inch TV, we barely have millimeters on both sides.  

No, I think 39 inch is just fine.  Compared with what we had before (which my brother, Eddie, says is the size of a computer monitor), I'm quite happy. 

The only problem is with a new TV Alan now has to figure out how to use all the functions that it has, not to mention all the functions that we now can use on the Blue Ray.  It's just absolutely crazy.

Actually, I think I like it when TV was just simpler... you had three dials -- on/off, volume and 
channel.  Things were simpler..

 


Now, the TV is so complicated that just the remote control buttons seem confusing to me.
Seek Him First!



No comments:

Post a Comment