Saturday, May 1, 2021

So Relaxing! Long Run on A Hot Day!

I was up early... Time with Jesus and getting Mom ready... 

We were out the door by 8am and got to the facility by around 8:45. I was home by 9:30. I was hoping to be starting my run by 9, but I didn't know that the drive would take so long!

After eating something, I finally left at 10:30. I had wanted to be out for 9 hours... but since I had to tutor at 6pm and I was leaving so late, I lowered it to 6 hours!

It was so hot... Three hours in, I thought I was crazy! I stopped to pour water over my head... I stopped as often as possible and drank water. I had to stop several times to ask for directions. I made it back, but I didn't reach my goal. I wanted to run 50km. I was 7 short! I think it was the heat.

I took a quick shower and was out the door.

Great two hours of tutoring.

Isaiah won his games. They are going to the semi final and probably will be number 1!

Abby went and exercise, then tutored and had dinner with her friends.

I came home from tutoring and finally had dinner! I wasn't hungry earlier! Running does that to me... No appetite for a few hours. While running I had drank these electrolytes drinks that I brought with me. I also went to a 7/11 and bought a refreshing herbal tea! So staying hydrated is very important!

Alan had a quiet day at home! The Padres won!

Daily Lovely Insight:

For our Wednesday Soochow Study, we had talked about Forgiveness and Corrie ten Boom. Here are a few of her famous quotes:

10 Inspiring Quotes from Corrie ten Boom | Guideposts

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God. - Corrie Ten  Boom | Corrie ten boom, Faith in god, Overcoming fear

These words are from someone who has lived with the reality of God's abiding presence!

Aren't these quotes so encouraging?

Isn't God's word the same?

Seek Him First!

Psalm 67:1-2 | Prayer verses, Quote posters, Prayer for the dayFirst Fruits of the Day: Psalm 67:1-2 - Gifts with a purpose

2 comments: