Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Hot, Hot, Hot... And Bible Study at Soochow!

This morning, I gave Mom a shower... I'm just glad she doesn't argue anymore... We have to give her two showers a day... And that also means a lot of laundry... Oh well... 

After she left, I got sorting through all the paperwork. It felt so good to have the folders neatly organized.

Then I made chicken patties for Alan's lunch and Mom's dinner! We have salad stuff in the fridge, which is perfect for such a hot day.

I didn't want to, but I knew I would have no other time... So out I went for a run in the sizzling hot sun! I survived... I just made it a goal to keep running, no matter how slow I was going. I average 7:16/kilometer. That's very slow!

I showered and was out the door for my afternoon Bible study. 

It was another great time: Living beyond your failures... 

In the news, Taiwan had 21 new cases and the government is meeting to decide what measures to take. Please pray that they do not go for total lock down. These people are hyper sensitive! This would be detrimental... They are already talking about raising it to level 3, which means church will not meet on Sunday. I will keep you posted.

Daily Lovely Insight:

A convicted heart bring a repentant heart... and it starts with facing the truth of our actions. Admit it when we have sinned... Just come honestly to God, who knows already, and cry out for His mercy. He is so ready and willing to forgive. To deny that we have not sinned... To avoid facing the truth when the light shines upon our heart... those actions will only distance us more from our loving God. 

Light of the world, shine on me... Love is the answer... Those are lyrics from a secular song by England Dan and John Ford Coley... But I'd change them to Light of the LORD, shine on me, Love is the answer... Just one word, but makes a lot of difference!

And like David prayed in Psalm 51:10,

Psalm 51:10 (ESV) - Psalm 51:10 ESV - Create in me a clean heart,… | Biblia

But I should also include the two verses at the beginning of this Psalm:

Pin on Psalms / Salmos

To confess, to admit, our sins, delights God for He welcomes a humble and repentant heart!

Seek Him First!

Psalm 67:1-2 Wall Art, God be gracious to us and bless us, cause your face  to shine upon us that Your way may be known on the earth, Your salvation  among all nations, Creation Vinyls : Everything Else - Amazon.com

2 comments:

  1. God knows our sins so intimately and we just have to admit, yup, praying for you all. We on a complete opening and you on a lock down, oh man

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it... Thankfully, we are still at level 2... And I am praying... Today was weird... Electricity was cut!

    ReplyDelete