Saturday, May 8, 2021

Saturday, May 8th!

Last night, after Mom went to bed, Alan and I had a quiet evening and finally had time to sit down to read our Devotional Books... Then he watched a movie, while I got started with more talk prep as well as proofreading the dissertation! And yes, I totally forgot to hit "Publish" for the blog I had started!

Today has been quite a nice overcast day!

After time with Jesus, I went out for a quick run as I had to go to Carrefour and PXMart -- AGAIN, as I wanted to buy a taro cake for Vikki's Mom (Vikki is Isaiah's girlfriend! We happen to have the same birthday, and like the same kind of dessert!) So, without even hopping into the shower, I dashed off. Isaiah was planning to leave at 10am to meet up with her. I got back and they decided to meet up at 11am. I could have gone for a longer run!

Abby had taken off to serve at the children's ministry and then had tutoring.

Alan had gone to play tennis,

Mom had her shower and breakfast and went back to rest! I didn't want to give her Little House until after lunch time.

I did yet another load of laundry and had to clean the outside staircase... The fire department will be coming next week for a 'random' check and we can't have things out there. I have been potting plants from our old house and haven't brought the plants back yet. The friends living there are staying only until the end of July, so I don't want to leave any plants there until we have a permanent tenant there. I might have to put my plants down on the first floor for next week!

Alan left with Mom for their two hour massage! Luxurious!

I was going to go biking with Abby, but with the clouds in the skies, we decided not to! Plus, she was feeling tired!

Abby bought me my favorite stinky tofu as a Mother's Day gift... and both kids are busy trying to make another card! 

Daily Lovely Insight:

G. K. Chesterton wrote: Humility has been placed in the wrong place. Modesty has settled upon the organ of conviction. Instead of being humble about asserting oneself, people have placed it upon doubting truth. 

I thought that was very insightful! Here is his exact quote:

Humility ... not what think it is. - Imgur

Seek Him First!

Psalm 67:2 - Tricia Goyer

4 comments: