Friday, May 13, 2016

Taxes Finished

It's May and time to file our taxes in Taiwan.

So, we went down to the Main Tax Office, got a number (129) and waited. There were 18 people ahead of us.

After waiting for about 20 minutes we were called to window #29.

Carrie Wu greeted us and she turned out to be one of Alan's students from his senior debate class.

In another 20 minutes, we were done.

We had to pay 13,090NT$ (about 410US$).  The government only takes up to 20% of tax deductible donations and anything above that does not count! We did find out that we can be giving to some private schools. So, we should be donating to Soochow's Scholarship Funds!

We had lunch nearby and then went to Costco.

Abby had gone on her service trip. Isaiah had cram school.

So, I had time to go for an evening run. If I ran earlier, I would not have survived as it was a very hot day.

I also took time to make a few new desserts. One that I will be making later is called Chocolate Mess. I found the recipe as I was looking for desserts that are easy to make in a crock pot. Besides this, I already knew how to make bread pudding and rice pudding. But I found an apple cobbler recipe that is so easy. I'm looking forward to trying that recipe.

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 150: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment