Sunday, May 1, 2016

Ordering Food for Love Feast

Since last December, I have helped to make the order for each Sunday's HOP dinner. It has been an interesting experience. I enjoy finding restaurants and talking to the owners. I find that they are all very nice to me.  I enjoy ordering the food with creativity and trying to find ways to save.

For example, tonight's dinner was from a Korean Restaurant. They don't usually do catering. They just deliver lunch boxes. I didn't want 40 containers. That's not good for the environment. So, I asked if they'd be willing to do 'catering' if I dropped off the suitable containers/pans. They were very agreeable.

So, tonight's dinner was fantastic. Stir-fried beef and lamb, veggies and four different kinds of salads. We had enough to feed about 50 people and all for 150US$!

I hope to have time this week to visit three or four more restaurants.

I feel as if God is blessing my efforts tremendously, like 5 loaves and 2 fish!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 148: 11

No comments:

Post a Comment