Saturday, May 7, 2016

His Amazing Ways

God continues to surprise me with His amazing ways.

I had a lot to do today, but I didn't want to cancel my tutoring.

So, I uttered a quick prayer, asking God to work on my behalf.

At 10:10, when my student didn't show (she is never late), I turned on my computer. I was so busy that I didn't have time to do that.

At 9:23, she sent an email. An emergency had come up at work and she had to cancel.

I was so thrilled! Having those two hours helped tremendously!

Why has it been so busy?

Well... Alan is doing the Mother's Day Service at HOP, but I've been the one preparing the special gifts and ordering the special Sunday dinner and planning for the special Sunday dessert. The theme this year is: BOUNTY! (Last year's theme was Sweet Surprises.) I ask the Lord to show me what to buy to bless the mothers in our congregation. Last year, I felt the Lord wanted to bless the mothers all year with sweet surprises, like chocolate kisses. So, the Lord worked it out and we were able to buy 20 boxes of See's Chocolates from the states for 10US$ per box. This year, I again had a budget of 350NT$ (which is about 11US$) but I had 36 gifts to buy. With the word Bounty, I didn't know how that can be. But again, the Lord did it. The mothers are going to get an assortment of things -- one roll of Bounty paper towel, packets of facial masks, a container of airborne vitamins, a box of brownies, a bag of Korean snacks, a 2 liter bottle of healthy fruit tea, and a bag of liquid detergent. YES, all that for each mother and within the budget!

I also had time to finish my talks...

Tonight, after having dinner with some dear friends, Alan and the kids went to the senior play so that I can have time to get some more things done.

THANK YOU JESUS FOR YOUR AMAZING WAYS!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 149: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment