Friday, August 21, 2015

What A "Strange" Day

Today was one of those 'strange' days.

Abby was going to go on a retreat, but due to the typhoon, plans were changed. Instead of an overnight trip, her youth group decided on two separate full day outing. She had packed her bag for the retreat, but now there was no need.

I had dropped Isaiah off at the usual time and then dropped Abby off just before 9a.m.

I then went for a prayer walk with a dear sister.

Upon coming back, I had phone calls to make.

Without a break, I was called for an emergency situation related to the car. I won't go into details at this time...

Then off for a short walk on the treadmill and a chat with Vanessa.

I rushed off to scooter over to HsinMenDing to meet up with Michelle, a sister I've known for almost 30 years.  On the way there, with the sun shining, it started to pour. All of us who were on scooters rushed to put on our raincoats. It was quite a sight.

The time with Michelle was not enough as I had to rush back to Neihu to take care of the car and to check on what's going on with Abby. Did she need me to pick her up?

I got home and called Isaiah. He was having dinner before the concert!

I was hoping to go for a long run this evening as it was my first free evening in a long time. And since it's been so hot during the day, I thought -- perfect -- a long evening run when it's cool. BUT NO!!!!!!!!! Not tonight...

By the time I got things done, it was too late for a run. I might do an evening walk to pick up Abby and not ride the scooter!

Things did not go as I had expected or planned... but I'm grateful that God is always the One who is in control. I posted Psalm 113: 3 yesterday, but I think it deserves to be posted again today!

Seek Him First!
「psalm 113: 7」的圖片搜尋結果

「psalm 113: 7」的圖片搜尋結果

No comments:

Post a Comment