Friday, August 7, 2015

Typhoon Update

This morning and afternoon, there was no sign of an approaching typhoon.

But by this evening, the rain and the wind started. And at around 9p.m., we had a blackout.  That was no fun.  Our apartment building has a generator, so that went on. It kept the refrigerator cold and the elevator working. But that was it.  I got a flashlight and read on my lap top in the dark. I had a full battery so I was actually able to get some work done!

The kids had their cell phone but no internet connection.

Two hours later, the electricity came back and we were so happy. It would have been very difficult to sleep without a fan as we had to close all the windows.

The coach cancelled practice for tomorrow.

The cram school teacher cancelled class for tomorrow.

The news announced that all government agencies will be closed for tomorrow.

It's going to be a day when we can all be home!

I have lots of work to get done -- several different projects. I just got a new one to read two books and write a book review. Each book is about 300 pages. The deadline is the end of August. The test I finished came back in need of some corrections.  And I have a sermon to finish up for Sunday and another one to prepare for next Sunday, August 16th. So, yes, I have lots to do for tomorrow. Hopefully, we will not have another blackout.

The rain has really picked up!  What a downpour! I wonder what it's like at the River Park!

Seek Him First!

「Psalm 111」的圖片搜尋結果

No comments:

Post a Comment