Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Simple Reminders of Home

Today I invited two sweet Filipino helpers over to our house for dinner. And at the last minute, I felt as if I needed to serve Coca Cola. So, I asked friends who were coming over to buy some. Even though I had asked for Pepsi or Coca Cola, she was going to buy 7/Up as she thought it would be healthier. But by God's goodness, she couldn't find 7/Up so ended up buying Coca Cola.

When I served it to the Filipino helpers in two nice glass cups, they almost cried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was exactly what they needed to remind them of home and of God's love! They have been away from the Philippines for over a year and have not had a sit down meal with a family. They also have not had anyone serve them as they are usually the ones serving others. (And most of the helpers here would serve the household and then eat standing up in the kitchen!) And to have Coca Cola served to them at the dinner table was exactly what the Lord wanted to use to bless them.  It was such a small act but it spoke to them about what was on their heart.

I am praying that God would lead them and would stir their hearts to be willing to be baptized while they are here in Taiwan.

I've invited them to House of Praise this Sunday as they have the day off.  I pray that nothing would hinder them from coming.

Seek Him First!

Psalm 111:9
「Psalm 111: 9」的圖片搜尋結果

No comments:

Post a Comment