Monday, August 10, 2015

Our Simple Meals

Since Alan is not around, I have not had to cook that much. What I make on Monday will last us for the whole week.

Today, I made pork chops, mashed pumpkin, quinoa, salad and homemade bread. I had to reorganize all the containers so that everything fit nice and neatly in our fridge.

Isaiah has breakfast and dinner at home. Abby and I don't eat much. We wait to have our big meal at dinner time when Isaiah is home. And even though my brother has been coming to Taiwan these past few weeks, he is too busy to get together with us. Otherwise, when he is here, we usually dine out with him every night.

All this to say that our grocery bills have been quite low. In fact, I don't even need to go to Costco much. I will go this week so that I can replenish our milk supply and the kids want ground beef in order to have homemade spaghetti meat sauce.

And I get to cook and eat things that I enjoy, like quinoa and mashed pumpkin and bitter melon and more Chinese food.

I even wrote an email to Alan asking him to bring me a bag of quinoa from the States. I found them for sale here in Taiwan but it is so expensive. One very small bag cost about 17US$.

Seek Him First!

「Psalm 111:」的圖片搜尋結果

No comments:

Post a Comment