Sunday, June 1, 2014

From I-lan and Back

Early Saturday morning, we took off to I-lan for the HOP Retreat. Because it was a long weekend, they had special rules -- all vehicles without three or more persons in the car could not go through the "snow tunnel". That made the trip to I-lan much faster.

Here are a few photos from our retreat site --



The focus of the retreat was Praising God through the book of Psalms.  This is our annual "silent" retreat, which is my favorite. The "silent" retreats are planned with plenty of time to be alone with God. There are times of corporate worship, but the schedule does not include any time for preaching. It's a chance for each person to encounter God and for the Holy Spirit to teach us and draw us closer to Him. I love the "silent" retreat as it is not "silent" at all.  God speaks and I walk away so refreshed.  It is always an amazing time.

And here is a group picture at the end of the retreat --

Seek Him First!



No comments:

Post a Comment