Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Final "Chat with Lovely"

Today was the final oral test for my evening conversation class.  I asked Isaiah to come with me and he would help the students to feel more relaxed by talking to them first for 6 minutes before they had to come and chat with me.  It worked out really well!

My "kids" brought me dinner and milk tea. They also gave me a beautiful card and wrote personal notes.  I felt so loved. I don't think they were trying to bribe me with these kids. I think they really wanted to bless me.  We even talked about a potluck this summer after our return from the States.

I had a wonderful time chatting with each student. I learned so much about their lives. I wish I could do this more often.  They literally did not want to stop talking.  For the first time I think they realized that speaking English for six minutes can be so easy!



Now, I have to start figuring out their grades.  I hope my students will remember this quote from Coach John Wooden --


Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment