Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Scores

Back on May 17th and 18th, I blogged at length about Isaiah's BIG TESTS. Today the scores were released.  Isaiah doesn't usually go to school on Thursday but because there was a rehearsal for the graduation ceremony, he had to go.  (The students who were interested in performing for the ceremony put together their own group and decided on their own "show". Isaiah and a group of his friends will be singing 21 Guns. He is the lead singer and I heard that he did a fantastic job.)  Okay, back to the story...

At 9a.m. I went to pick him up. As he walked out, I asked if he checked his scores. He looked at me and said, "I'd like to check it at home together with you."  I encouraged him to run and look.  The parents were told that the web site might be quite jammed since so many students (268,000 or so students island-wide) would be trying to find out their scores. SO, each school had a special password and portal which will access all scores for the 9th graders.  Isaiah came back and I put up my hand, signaling 4A and 1B.  He shook his head.  I went on to 3A and 2B and he shook his head again.  I stared at him and by his face, I knew.  1A and 4B -- 1B++, 1B+ and 2B. That meant that only one other subject was close enough to possibly getting an A.  Wow... what a shocker!

Not long after we got home, the coach from Nanhu Senior High School called.  What timing!  He was wondering when Isaiah would start practicing.

For me, I'm claiming these verses and doing more praying, praying, praying.




Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment