Tuesday, June 17, 2014

First Day of Practice

Well... Isaiah had his first day of tennis practice.  First of all, let me tell you that today was extremely hot.  His practice started at 2p.m.  I dropped him off at the MRT Station and told him that I'd call him at around 6:30 to pick him up.

Late in the afternoon, Abby and I went out for a bike ride. It was 4:45 and still extremely hot. We both wondered how Isaiah was doing.

When I called at 6:30, Isaiah tells me that his coach is giving him a ride and will be dropping him off at the elementary school closest to our house.

It was so good to see his cheerful face as he ran up to greet me.

"What do you think we did for practice this afternoon?" he asked, wanting me to guess.  I gave him a few of my answers which were all wrong.

Today was endurance training!!! WHAT???  He had to run 50 laps within an hour. That would be like 11 kilometers in an hour and then he had to do three hours of weight training.  He did not make it for the run. He ran 35 laps which was like 7.7 kilometers.  He said he was sore.  The coach told him to take a bath and eat an egg a day.  I have some protein powder which I think I will make for him.

Tomorrow they will go to the River Park for some workout on the courts. The courts at school are being resurfaced. So, for these next two weeks, they will most likely be practicing right near our house at the River Park!!!

The coach gave him a Nanhu Physical Education Class t-shirt and a cap.  He had a very positive attitude after his first team practice.

I am so grateful!



Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment