Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Run!

Today was the RUN.  I got up early to spend time with God. Can't do anything without time with God.  Before leaving, I called my mom since I knew I wouldn't be back until 3 or 4 in the afternoon, which would be too late to call her because of the time difference.  I rode my scooter over to JrShan MRT Station and caught the MRT to Danhsui. The weather didn't look too favorable, but I was trusting that the LORD would provide the perfect condition for the run!  I went to the Danhsui apartment to wait for the painter guy as I had to give him the rest of the payment. By 9:45 he still hadn't shown up, so I ran over to the Danhsui Church.  Benjamin was already across the street at the OK Mart for a cup of coffee. I bought a peanut butter sandwich since I knew I didn't have enough to eat for breakfast.  Just before 10a.m., we saw three people ride up. It was John, Ariel and Kylie.  YIPPY.  We prayed together, got someone to take a picture of us and Benjamin and I were off.  The bikers decided to go to the coffee shop at the MRT station since they had plenty of time.  I couldn't believe what Benjamin was wearing. He had on a pair of crocs and he was going to run carrying a huge umbrella.  He carried no water or snacks...

By my usual water filling station, Benjamin decided to keep going. (He cannot stop. Once he stops, he can't continue.) So, he ran ahead. I chatted with the guy at the bike rental place and continued on. While in the Shihlin area, the three bikers passed me. It was 12:00noon. I had been running for almost 2 hours.  It was sprinkling a bit, but not too bad. I actually liked having the water on my face as I was sweating a lot by then.  I told them that Benjamin was ahead of me.  I hadn't seen him.  I ran towards Tachih and suddenly, Benjamin showed up behind me. He had made a wrong turn.  He charged ahead and soon we were out of the River Park and going towards the JianNanRoad MRT Station.  The last four kilometers were fast.  We arrived at the HOP Office and the bikers were already there.  It was not yet 1:30!!!  We spent time in prayer.  The prayer time was not long, but I felt that there was such a sense of unity.  I know we all felt that the LORD carried us through.  It was not something we could have done on our own!

Ariel wrote this evening saying that her legs were sore but that this was a great experience. I agree.  I think running has helped me to press on, despite how I feel.  Running has helped me to take my eyes off of pain and look to Him to carry me.  I think running will help people to focus on obedience and discipline -- two very necessary components of a surrendered Christian Life.

Next December 24th... Hum?  I wonder if we'd do another PrayeRUN!!!!



Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment