Monday, December 23, 2013

Treasures for Others

I have been collecting things at the HOP Office to donate.  I found out that there is a homeless shelter in Taipei. They need blankets, men's clothes, trial size toiletries, etc.  The HOP Office had accumulated quite a bit of stuff, but I could never get everything to the homeless shelter unless someone can drive me there.  This afternoon, I got Alan to help me out.  We went to the HOP Office, loaded up everything and he drove.  I had the pleasure of meeting Jessica and Ms. Yang.  We dropped off a computer desk, a computer, purses, bags, blankets, sleeping bag, toiletries, and clothes. I found out that they would take books, too. They need people to share during their evening Bible study that happens after dinner.  They have a piano, and Ms. Yang likes to write songs. She has written the words and she can sing the tunes, but she can't get the songs written on paper.  She can't read notes. I have asked her to record the songs and maybe someone from HOP can transcribe them
onto song sheets.  I hope to go over there again and give them all the books that we have at the Office.  They minister in Taipei, in China, in Tibet and in the Philippines.  I don't know how I can be of help but I love giving unwanted things to people who would treasure the items and find good use for them.  For example, Audrey had left a small white purse to give away. I took the purse out of the car and said, "Would you have need of this?"  Jessica said, "I could definitely use a small purse like that."  She loved the purse.  She will also be going to the States next year and so when I gave her the computer bag, it was exactly what she needed for her trip (John and Kathryn, I think the computer bag is from the two of you. So, another great gift for someone!!!, like the bag for David!)  HOP focus next year is the four L -- Love, Lord, Lost, Luke.  I think it means to Love the Lord, Lord of the Lost, and the Lost redeemed through the Book of Luke.  Of course, you can put those four L's in different formations, but the important truth is to live them out.  God has such a heart for those who are in need... and I believe He wants to use us to draw all people to come before His throne.

Here is the HOP 2014 logo designed by John:

As you might have heard, the Focus of 2014 at HOP will be 4L's... Lord, Love, Luke and Lost. (Think this will be shared more before the end of the year)
Here's what we've came up with so far as a logo... anyone with any suggestions or advice?
The colors have different meanings... the tree in the background has meaning... I think even the 4 looks like a candlestick...with the cross in the middle...  I just love it.

Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment