Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Two Other Events

In my post yesterday, I had mentioned that there were two other events in 2013 which I did not highlight through the pictorial.

One happened on 3/15 and the other happened on 8/7.

On March 15th, Alan's father passed from here into glory.
This is one of my favorite pictures of Dad Alagata. My kids loved hanging out with "Tough Grandpa". Being there in January/February, we knew his time on earth was coming to an end.  Still when it happened, it was 'unexpected'.  Alan flew home and stayed for a little over three weeks. 
There are so many cherished memories I have of Dad. I don't think I can add enough pictures to express my heart and feelings. 

In the summer, when we again went back to the States.  The task was to find a place for Mom Alagata to move to.  The event that happened on August 7th was that Mom sold her house (picture below)
 
 

 
and she and Aunt Ethel moved into a senior citizen community called 7 Oaks in Rancho Bernardo.  We said goodbye to the homes that Dad and Mom built and the neighbors who lived there in Chula Vista. For me, it signaled the end of a chapter as the home in Chula Vista was always the place we returned whenever we came back for a visit.


Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment