Sunday, December 15, 2013

Weekends Have Wings

Weekends must have wings. How else can they fly away so fast??? 

And this weekend was no exception.

Friday evening was the opening night of the Hobbit 2 movie. A dear brother waited in line and bought the tickets.  It was a gift from him and his wife. He refused to allow us to pay for our tickets.  We don't usually go to the movies because we think they are too expensive. So, it was quite a family treat.  The movie was so exciting and action packed.  It made me want to read the book again.  And of course, we can hardly wait for Hobbit 3!

On Saturday, the kids had their Pre-AP English class in the morning and I went to run the North.  The day was gray and raining and I didn't feel like running... My left foot was sore and I was tired.  But in obedience, I took the MRT to Danhsui. As soon as I stepped out of the MRT Station, the sky parted and right above was a patch of BLUE SKY.  It was just amazing. So, I ran and it didn't rain.  There were puddles on the trail but not a drop of rain the whole time that I was out there running.  There was a light breeze, which made the run so much nicer. I had to run fast since I needed to be back at the parking lot of the school where the kids had their class. I used the new waterproof mp3 and the music was so inspiring that I didn't feel much of the pain in the sole of my left foot or the soreness in my left knee.
Sony NWZ-W274S Water Resistant Wearable 8GB MP3 Digital Media Player (White)
Sunday is "Family Day" as we are at church by 2:30 and don't usually get home until 8p.m.  The kids are on the worship team and I help out as a greeter.  In the morning, I baked a pumpkin raisin oatmeal bread for the love feast.  This evening was a testimony service.  Even though it was cold and rainy, I always enjoy the warmth of gathering with my church family.
 
Now, I am ready to head off to bed.  This weekend has flown by!!!
 
Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment