Sunday, December 22, 2013

The True Meaning of Christmas

Today while on my scooter, I saw about 150 people getting out of the MRT dressed as Santa Claus. They were on their way to the "Christmas Run" held at the River Park that I usually do my prayer run.  All along the way, there were people dressed as Christmas tree, reindeer, wreath, and other decorative items, holding signs, directing people to the 'run'. This disturbed me.

Now, don't get me wrong... I don't have anything against a run or a charity event. What I don't like is when anything distracts from the true meaning of Christmas.  Christmas is about the birth of the Savoir, the coming of Christ, the Emmanuel, God with us.  And when I see the focus being taken away from what the angels proclaim -- "Good news of great joy that will be for all the people.  Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ, the Messiah, the Anointed One, the Lord." --  then that disturbs me.

I want the world to celebrate the good news of great Joy that comes through knowing Jesus. I want the world to celebrate the Hope that comes through Jesus.  I want the world to celebrate the Love that comes through Jesus.  I want the world to know the greatest gift given on Christmas.  I want the focus to be back on Jesus.


Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment